luni, 15 decembrie 2008

decent Aikido dojos

http://www.aikido-world.com/editor/editor.htm
...
Comment on the above:
I realize there for some of the readership, decent Aikido dojos are not close or plentiful enough to give you a choice. However, I feel that if someone wants to learn, the best possible way to learn and learn well is to take instruction from an actual Aikido instructor with credentials and well over 10 years of training an experience.

Shodan, nidan, and sandan with less than 10 years of training is not enough.

Also, as I have mentioned that Aikido is not something that you can learn from videos, books, and tapes. This is more than intellect - the learning comes from the mind and body through moving and feeling force through the interaction with others. Without proper guidance, it would be wasting time and be merely imitated movement (ape-like) without proper ki nurturing.
C. Matrasko 4/3/2004
...


The one thing that I do attempt to gently 'eradicate' is egos. Not personalities, but abrasive and disruptive egos, not always an easy situation - and of course I have to be aware that my own personality does not become egotistical.
...
Oh well.... no one said it would be easy.... but as it is often said - nothing worthwhile is...

Aikido.. so quietly amazing... especially when true harmony and exciting dynamism of the purer technique is experienced, even witnessed.

Thanks again to all concerned,
George McMaster
Zenshin Kokoro Aikido,
Art of Fitness Dojo,
Hull, Yorkshire,United Kingdom


...

7/12/03

I'm practicing karate and Pencak silat from Indonesia. I Like this sport including aikido. I think AIKIDO can build our live to be balance. I really want to have a lot of friend from another country and love hard sport like AIKIDO.

Hari Teguh Wicaksono


6/11/03

Keep aikido alive.

Kind regards
John Mae


8/8/02

I just wish to add to the list of people who adopt Aikido as a lifestyle, it rocks. Because the philosophy is not one of aggression but of adapting to the attack, it would qualify as a cornerstone to the pursuit of world peace.

Anonymous

Niciun comentariu: